Tap into nature’s ingenuity
Get savvy with your window shades – Save on Bills
Do you feel joyous working with the Mother Nature for a greater good?
The magic happens when you open all the windows and doors – literally. Of course, you raise the cellular (window) shades first.
We are full sensory beings. You know the sensation of “getting away,” – a sense of connectedness to a larger world.
What about tapping into nature to solve or improve our own lives? Who knows a little ingenuity may find an elegant solution to our problem?
What details nature reveals is uncertain; however,
nature unveils reality at each expose
Cellular shade is one such expose of window covering. It borrows a good design from nature and saves your energy bills.
Nature reveals and heals – Cellular Shades
You know how a fluffy sheep keeps you warm. Sheep can survive in damp and cold conditions.
The best wool – an amazing insulation material – comes from Merino breed of sheep. Major brand sportswear companies use this wool in their high-performance base layers.
The base layers provide much-needed warmth to active sports athletes – climbing, cycling, and surfing – under moist and sweaty scenarios. Thanks to tribes of North Africa who brought their Merino sheep to Spain in the 12th century.
What we call high-performance base layer is a perfect thermal underwear for a Merino sheep. The fibers of Merino sheep wool is much finer than ordinary wool. Finer fibers mean more fibers and more air trapped between them.
It’s trapped air that gives you warmth in clothing (that’s why wearing several thin layers is warmer than wearing one thick pullover). There is more to its wonders.
What YOU reveal is uncertain.
We Can Be Happy and Healable Without All the Answers
Cellular shade or honeycomb shade borrows the concept of trapping air from nature to create the energy efficient shade for your windows. It has insulating air pockets to trap and keep hot or cold air inside pockets.
Did you know up to 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy escapes through its windows? Air in cell shade pockets helps keep your house cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
Wonders of nature are aplenty, but I found the cooling system at the ‘Eastgate Mall’ in Harare, Zimbabwe awe-inspiring (video below – hint termites)
Change the way you dress windows
Good that humans learned to spin silk from silkworms, otherwise this silk would be webs in the wind.
Look at the golden cape below made entirely of spider silk – feels like liquid gold.
Cellular shade gave form to nature’s learning and put forth a stunning shade choice for each room in your home. It is one of the most practical and versatile shade selection for your windows.
You know all about denim culture and Christian Dior’s ‘hourglass’ inner-wear fashion. The way you want to look and feel — casual, comfortable and fashionable – highlighted freedom and non-conformity.
Cellular shade did the same to window covering. It is not just a shade, it reveals your shift from ‘toe-the-line’ to a trend-set contemporary decor.
The shape, overall aesthetic, and design of cellular shades are nothing short of spectacular. You embrace the nature’s warmth in these shades with lively energy, light flow, over the top choice of fabrics, colors, and textures.
Nature offers a bountiful, but your essence to draw in with modesty is how you desire to create comfortable spaces around your home. This makes cellular shades a decor assurance for future – an expression of generosity on behalf of all.
Unique Fabrics, Distinctive Details
Cellular shades offer a splendid assortment of fabrics for you to choose from. Here are your choices in beautiful colors and textures:
- A fabric that balances between rustic character and modern lines is a beautiful choice for any decor. The fabric features rich natural hues, crisp, clean and laid back for a stylish and casual look.
- Silk fabric is a luxurious woven fabric that features a subtle texture paired with a slight glisten. This fabric offers a softened illumination to complement your decor.
- A fabric that brings the beauty of nature’s imperfections – The variance between the fibers gives each shade its own character in your space.
- Colors span from whites and soft neutrals to mid-tones. You can also get more intense hues that lend unique finishes to the decor.
- Cellular shade offers the most extensive selection of options for custom-creating your window shade.
Privacy and Light Control
Cellular Shades are available in a wide variety of fabrics and materials. They come in a range of opacities from sheer to opaque — offering varying degrees of privacy and light control options.Sheer fabric; for ultimate daylighting and view-through
- Sheer fabric; for ultimate daylighting and view-through
- Semi-sheer fabric; for view-through and increased privacy
- Semi-opaque fabric; for diffused light and excellent privacy
- Opaque fabric; for room darkening and maximum privacy
Warmth welcomes you home – Energy Efficient Shades
Windows do more than just let in light and offer a view to the outdoors. They’re also where a home can lose up to 50% of its heating and cooling.
Heat moves toward cold, and windows offer a perfect path: it enters your home in the summer and exits in the winter. The insulating effect of cellular shades can help lower your energy consumption and costs.
Cellular Shades help conserve energy at the window in three important ways:
- Insulation: In winter months, your home heating escapes to the outdoors through your windows. In the summer, the outside heat flows into your home through these same windows. Cellular shades reduce energy consumption, save on heating and cooling costs, and create a more comfortable living space.
- Solar Heat Control: The warmth provided by the sun, its solar energy, is desirable during the winter to help heat your home. In the summer, it can make a room hot and uncomfortable — driving up air conditioning costs. Cellular shades help to control the solar heat by preventing it from escaping in the winter and minimizing the amount that comes in during the summer.
- Daylighting: Daylighting is the practice of lighting rooms with natural light rather than artificial light. By drawing natural light deeper into a room many Cellular shade window treatments reduce the need for other types of lighting, reducing your energy use.
Top-Down Bottom-Up Shades
The best of both worlds. Control light and privacy in one system. Lower shades from the top down, or raise from the bottom up or any combination in between.
Top-Down Bottom-Up feature offers a more versatile approach to light control.
You know the Venetian blinds or wood blinds – blinds with slats. You move the blind up or down or you tilt-open or tilt close the slats. Tilting allows you an intermediate position so you can view outside with lifting the whole blind up.
Until Top-Down and Bottom-Up feature, the intermediate position was missing from shades. Shades were either up or down.
Top-Down and Bottom-Up feature allowed the desired intermediate position and cellular shades made this feature sought-after, trendy and fashionable.
Duolite – Two Shades, One Exceptional Design
You can choose two different fabrics of different opacities and merge then into one urbane and elegant window covering design. Duolite offers a multitude of ways for you to manage your light and privacy needs.
When you add sheer as the top fabric choice, shade adds stunning visual interest and sophisticated appeal at the window. Sheer offers managed-view and soft appearance while providing privacy – artistry that is smart and stunning.
Sheer fabric softens harsh light while protecting against damaging ultraviolet rays. The second fabric can be a light filtering fabric or light blocking fabric.
Duolite cellular shades provide smart and stylish solutions that are just as beautiful as they are beneficial – extra benefit and mileage in one design.
We need to meet and do our price tête-à-tête.
I don’t know your window sizes, fabric selections, mounting details, your aspirations, your home setting and yada yada yada….…
Most reputed fabricators or suppliers make cellular shades. There is a shade for every budget – exquisite, moderate and opening price-point.
I can delve into details, but I will keep simple.
- What is exquisite? – The secret to year-round comfort is in the layers. More the number of layers, better the energy efficiency and exquisite worth of a shade. A cell within a cell design is what I mean by layers. You can get shades nested with three honeycombs – five insulating air pockets. There is more to it than layers. We do our tête-à-tête when you schedule our appointment.
- What is moderate? – You go for a good balance between beauty and ingenuity. You get refreshed color palette alongside modern neutrals. The light filtering texture provides a soft glow in any room.
Your home is your castle. I assume you will live in this home for a good number of years. The window coverings decision you make today will stay with you for next ten years or more. Your pricing decision today will have lasting impressions.
Shop at home convenience
You need to see these shades in your home. Then, you can coordinate with your wall colors, flooring, and other furnishings.
Schedule our FREE In-Home consultation.
When you do that, we value your time and efforts by
- showing all that you need to see — working hand samples, fabrics, style books and more
- sharing expert advice — little details are vital
- measuring your windows for a perfect fit
- providing an estimate
One of our professional installers will install cellular shades on your windows.
Yes, our installers have years of experience installing window coverings. They also get trained by the suppliers how to handle the specific nuances of a particular shade type. In the end, It’s not about their qualifications, certifications, or how they dress, it’s about who they are as a person.
I take the ownership of your shade job with one guiding belief – “Professionals are pleasant even during trying times.” Challenges happen, but what matters is how they get resolved.
No, they aren’t a superhero, but they strive to find the best solution without being given step-by-step instructions.
Limited Lifetime Warranty
These shades come with Limited Lifetime Warranty. Your satisfaction with window coverings is important in this process.
So, shades need to work to your satisfaction. All of our suppliers offer Limited Lifetime Warranty on shades.
I align with quality fabricators to bring the best shades to your home. Shades come with a quality that provides a LIFETIME of enjoyment. Fabricators put shades and hardware through rigorous testing – such as color steadfastness, durability and against environmental extremes.
Shade fabrics are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified to assure that they are as environmentally friendly as they are beautiful. You can be sure of the investment in the most reliable window covering for your home.
Care and Cleaning
Shades will need care and clean with time. The common cleaning methods are
- Dusting: You do the regular dusting. This maintains a like-new appearance of Cellular Shades.
- Vacuuming: A gentle vacuuming once a month is all that you may need. Take your portable kitchen vacuum and put it on a low non-heat setting. Vacuum gently.
- Compressed air: Use a can of compressed air to dust off the shades once a year.
When we meet, I discuss these methods and more with you. What are you waiting for – Schedule our Free In-Home Consultation.